Click this text to start editing. This block is a basic combination of a title and a paragraph. Use it to welcome visitors to your website, or explain a product or service without using an image. Try keeping the paragraph short and breaking off the text-only areas of your page to keep your website interesting to visitors.
We are here to help
We are here to help
If you are in need of emergency food in the Richmond Hill and the Thornhill area, then we are here to help you. Clients can visit the food bank every 30 days and receive about seven days of food assistance. Please bring your own grocery bags as we are unable to supply them.
Clients are asked to produce proof of residence to qualify for assistance. For each member of the family, please provide the following:
- address ID for all family members 20 years of age and older, for example: valid driver's licence, Ontario ID Card, Government cheque, utility bill, cell phone bill to show name and address identification)
- For children aged newborn up to 19 years of age, acceptable identification includes: driver's licence, (age 16-19) Passport, birth certificate, permanent resident document, student ID.
If you have any questions or concerns, just ask. Contact us and we will do our best to assist however we can.
Richmond Hill Community Food Bank now offers free home delivery
In the face of the continuing COVID-19 emergency, the manager and board of directors at our Richmond Hill Community Food Bank have started up a food home delivery service for eligible clients.
Existing or new clients in need who:
- are 65 years of age or older, with mobility/transportation issues;
- have a disability or mobility issues that prevent them from coming to the food bank; or
- are a single parent with young children.
As with all our qualifying clients, you must also live in Richmond Hill or Thornhill to be able to use our free home delivery service.
Our food bank has partnered with another York Region transportation agency to offer this service. This new program allows us to reach out to vulnerable individuals and families who need emergency food aid, but have difficulty coming in person to our food bank, especially in the face of heightened worries about the virus.
To arrange for our free home delivery service, call our manager, Lee Reynolds, to discuss your needs and situation at 905-508-4761.